10.24.2009

gingersnap




her favorite place to be.

Last Sunday we went to look at dogs at a couple shelters nearby. We found an older chihuahua and her puppy. I thought I would want the younger dog, but something just drew me to the mom, named coco. After meeting her for 20 minutes, we decided that we wanted her. We have waited all week, and last night we were able to get her. She is an 11 year old long haired chihuahua that could be a mix. She is really mellow. When we got her she wouldn't stop shivering. She has been great, she's already trained, and she just follows us around and doesn't cause trouble. Her fur is super soft, Tyler even loves to pet her. I have wanted to find a dog to rescue for so long, and it all happened really fast, but I am really happy.

We had decided to call her Winnipeg, but when we were walking out with her, Tyler said gingersnap, and for some reason, it just clicked. I think ginger fits for a grandma like her. She's my new daytime companion!

8 comments:

Malorie said...

oh Gingie! bring her to Boise, I'll hide her in my room. yea!

Melanie said...

Oh lucky you! Garrett will be so jealous! we frequent the pet places and Garrett begs, but I haven't given in get! We will see... But your little gramma is too cute!

Kiely said...

oh...she's so pretty! she doesn't look a day past 5!

Brette said...

So cute!! Congrats!

Mikey said...

Chihuahuas are born with a soft spot on the top of their heads that doesn't always close. Because of this, a bump on the head could kill a Chihuahua. Just a word of caution. She's really good looking.

sassykather said...

So sweet. Hope you can bring her to Boise. Do you have to put her in the cargo section or can you carry a kennel w/you?

Lorrie said...

cuteness in a small package! It's always good to have a daytime pal!

shanna murray said...

congrats on your new edition to the family, M&T!!! She's beautiful. It warms my heart beyond measure that you brought home the Mama. You guys are the best! I love gingersnap, so sweet!!