10.07.2009

coming back from death.

it's been a while. whoops. I will say it's not my fault, but it is. I have become a victim of the flu season, a battle that started over two weeks ago. It all started with a terrible sore throat, and high fever. I went to the doctor, who swore I had strep, because I had classic strep symptoms and my throat looked terrible. After the swab test that triggered my sensitive gag reflex, it came back negative. Went home with some anti-biotics anyways, and started to get better after a few days. Then I started getting cold symptoms, and was hit with the worst cold I have ever had in my life. I looked and sounded terrible, and people at work were disinfecting all over the place. I tried everything, and I started to feel a little better after a week of misery. Then two days ago I get hit with fatigue, and I get another fever. Back to the doctor, who can't believe that I have still been sick. I was tested for the flu, (which is the worst test ever, q-tips swabbed my brain. twice), but the doctor was concerned and wanted to do a full blood work up. After going to the lab where I knew a needle was in my future, I was visibly terrified. But a couple vials later, I survived and went out to the waiting room with my mask to await my diagosis. I was so tired I laid down on the bench. When they called my name, I got up but had a hard time with the actual walking bit. After swaying around the nurse grabbed me by the shoulders, took me too my doctor, where nervous looks were exchanged. They brought in a machine to measure my vitals, and took my temperature, where I now had a 102 temp. After sitting down, the doctor went over my results. surprise! Negative for flu, negative for mono. But my levels pointed to a viral infection, so I got my tamiflu brought to me because they thought I would faint. I am now on the flu regimine, isolated, and with a nurse contacting me everyday to monitor my health and make sure I don't infect the masses. Oh and I had contact with a pregnant person! I had to fill out a whole form about that. All in all I am still sick, and I have to report to the nurse tomorrow that I have a temperature so I have at least one more day of isolation. I have hardly eaten in two weeks, and Tyler has gotten an intense training on how to live up to my standards of care (toast cut into fourths please).

be careful out there!

5 comments:

Malorie said...

are you saying you may or may not have the swiney?

Lorrie said...

oh, kenzie...

sassykather said...

I'm am so sorry. I knew you were sick, but last I talked w/you, you were feeling better. Must have been during the lull. Dave just got back from Denver with something, sore/scratchy throat and aches/pains, so Rick won't let him come to the office or anyone else who feels any twinge of unwell. Everyone is paranoid. Hope you feel better and that Tyler is a good nurse.

Kiely said...

that was a yucky story! i'm sorry u are sick! no fun!!

Brette said...

I am so sorry. That sounds just awful. I hope you're feeling well enough to get some really good rest. We'll be thinking of you!